10 Dec Your best friend whom you take for-granted every day…
Millions of years on Earth, the Sun has flown through life, energized life, actioned it and sustained the planet into its lively and vibrant mode.
All living beings on earth and each cell of every living being is solar-powered. Energy is critical as well as indispensable for life. And the Sun is the ultimate source of this energy. Matter is inert. It is energy that breaks down the inertia of matter, making it alive. The plant kingdom conceives energy through photosynthesis. From plants, the energy moves to the animal world including humans. Thus the entire life on Earth is dependent on photosynthesis and hence it is the Sun as the ultimate life-giver. In everything that you eat, drink and breathe, there is an element of the Sun. Hence it is logical for our body to be at its optimum best when it is in sync with the Sun!
The Sun’s energy creates consciousness in us and gets us into a state of balance and sustenance. Here are some paramount reasons why you must ensure regular exposure to Sunlight :
- Sunlight boosts the Immune system: Exposure of Sunlight increase white blood cells which play a major role defending the body against infections.
- Sunlight penetrates deep into the skin to cleanse the blood and blood vessels. Medical literature shows that people with atherosclerosis (hardened arteries) improved significantly with Sun exposure.
- Sunlight helps regulate blood pressure in people with high blood pressure.
- Check with your grandmother if she massaged you with oil under the Sun, because sunlight exposure increases the growth and height of children especially young babies.
- Exposure to Sunlight stimulates the pineal gland deep in the brain, enabling our biological clock to follow changes in chronological time – the perfect cure for insomnia.
- Heliotherapy (i.e. using Sunlight as a healing mechanism) is becoming popular for training the human endocrinal system which controls our hormones and moods.
- With Vitamin D receptors located throughout our body – no wonder the Creator wanted us to “digest” Sunlight in preventing disease and maintaining optimal health.
There is growing evidence that regular exposure to Sunlight can immensely benefit us physically, mentally and psychologically. Undoubtedly the Sun spells life, in all its benevolence.
Yoga offers what is called as “Surya Namaskar” (Sun Salutation) for expressing gratitude to the Sun. The sequence of 12 poses is a complete and comprehensive physical workout without any need of external equipment. Implicitly, the practice invites us to recognize that our existence is dependent upon something bigger than ourselves. Multiple rounds of Surya Namaskar serves as an invigorating warm-up prior to your yoga routine and offers many more benefits. and if you can’t find an hour for daily exercise, just regular practice of Surya Namaskar and Savasana can still do wonders for you! Join us at the Dallas Yoga Fest to find how more such practical tips to harvest better health!